Frequently Asked Questions at the Surfsand Resort
Learn everything you need to know about your Surfsand stay below.
General and Reservations
The minimum age requirement to check-in is 18.
Reservations must be canceled seven days prior to arrival for a full refund of deposit.
Check-in begins at 4pm. Check-out is 12pm.
Self-parking is complimentary. We also offer 6 hours of complimentary electric vehicle charging to our guests.
We offer select studios that can sleep up to four adults, and suites offering accommodations for 4-6 depending on room style. Please call Surfsand Resort direct to inquire about our two bedrooms suites and with specific questions on each room’s maximum capacity.
Rollaway/extra beds are not available but we do offer complimentary cribs and tri-fold mats suitable for small children.
Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies).
Early check-in is not guaranteed, but we are more than happy to welcome you early. If your room is not available upon arrival, we will provide a parking permit and you can get started enjoying our charming little beach town. All rooms are guaranteed by 4pm.
Yes, but early departures are non-refundable. Room and tax will be applied.
Current, state and local taxes and fees amount to 11.3%.
We want to provide a healthy, smoke/vape-free environment for all of our guests. We will vigilantly guard your expectation of a smoke-free atmosphere by enforcing the following policy: If a guest smokes/vapes on any of the patios, balconies or in the guest rooms of the Resort, that guest will be required to pay for one additional night’s lodging. This fee is necessary to compensate for the 24-hour period that the guest room will be unavailable while it is being cleaned. Please respect our commitment to providing a smoke-free retreat.
Yes, arrangements for handling and storage of luggage may be made with Guest Services.
Yes, our Front Desk will sign for and safely store your first package for up to five business days prior to arrival. A $5 porterage fee will be applied for each additional package. Size restrictions apply. Please contact the Front Desk at Surfsand Resort for packages exceeding 25 pounds and/or larger than a beach chair.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them in the special requests field on the booking page after selecting your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Braille signage
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
First night’s room and tax are due at the time the reservation is made.
- Portland, OR (PDX-Portland Intl.) – 123-minute drive
- Downtown Cannon Beach – 10-minute walk
For questions about your bill, please call (855) 632-6744 or (503) 436-2274.
Current safety and health guidelines can be found here.
Yes, we offer room service through Wayfarer Restaurant.
- Breakfast: 8am to 10am
- Lunch: 11am to 4pm
- Dinner: 5pm to 8pm
We offer a comprehensive workout facility that features a variety of workout equipment and sauna. The fitness center is open for use from 5am–10pm
Complimentary wireless internet access is available throughout the resort. A password is not required.
You can request gifts to your guestroom by calling the front desk. Specialty items require 48-hour advanced notice. Check out our Experience Enhancements for an extra special stay for any occasion!
Yes, we do offer a complimentary business center with one laptop and printer. For any other business needs, please see Guest Services for assistance with your business needs. Our fax number is (503) 436-9116.
- Conference Call Service Available Upon Request*
- Fax—Incoming Complimentary
- Fax—Domestic Outbound Complimentary
- Fax—International Outbound Complimentary
- Mailing Services Available Upon Request*
- Meeting Space Available Upon Request*
- Photocopies Complimentary—up to 10 pages
- Wireless Internet Complimentary
An indoor swimming pool and hot tub are located in the Surf View Building. We encourage you to keep your fins apart from each other and maintain social distancing while enjoying the pool!
All Ages: 8am to 10pm
Adult Swim: 7am to 8am and 10pm to Midnight
Yes, however the spa is not currently open to protect the health and safety of our guests and team members.
The Surfsand offers complimentary driving service** in Cannon Beach. To protect your health and safety, we will be transporting one family at a time and fully sanitize between rides. Masks will be required for all passengers while riding in the shuttle. The city shuttle is also available; it stops on the east side of Hemlock Street. For pick up locations and current times, a shuttle schedule is available at the Front Desk. Transportation needs, outside of Cannon Beach require advance reservations, additional fee applies. Please note, we do not offer an airport shuttle.
No restrictions on weight, height, or types. However, we request they are house-trained. Potty pads are not allowed in the rooms.
$25 per pet, per night.
Half of our rooms do not allow pets.
Meetings & Events
Yes, we offer a variety of beautiful special event spaces for corporate retreats, group meetings, weddings, or family reunions. To learn more and book, click here.
Things to Do
- WAYFARER RESTAURANT & LOUNGE
- Adjacent to the Surfsand Resort
- Join us at one of the Oregon Coast’s most favored dining traditions, the oceanfront Wayfarer Restaurant & Lounge. A favorite of locals and visitors alike, the Wayfarer Restaurant features great food and quality service and is the perfect spot for family dining or romance. The Wayfarer Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner for dine-in and take-out services beginning at 8 A.M. daily. Meals may be charged to your guest room. Dinner reservations are recommended.
- STEPHANIE INN DINING ROOM
- 2740 South Pacific, Cannon Beach, (503) 436-2221
- Enjoy creative seasonal menus that accentuate the freshest best quality ingredients the region has to offer at the Stephanie Inn Dining Room. The concept is casually sophisticated with your choice of an elegant prix fixe, four-course meal, or à la carte selections. Dinner service begins at 5:30pm, advance reservations are required and a 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Dinner may be charged to your guest room.
- PUBLIC COAST BREWING CO.
- Third Street Cannon Beach, (503) 436-0285
- Stop by Public Coast Brewing where Oregon’s 363 miles of publicly owned coastline is celebrated with delicious craft beer, brewed on-site, juicy, organic, Oregon grass-fed, beef burgers, fresh-catch fish & chips, clam chowder, frosty root beer floats and more. Serving lunch and dinner everyday, 12:00pm to 9:00pm.
- What shopping is nearby the hotel?
- For shopping nearby the hotel, click here.
*Additional fees apply.
**Oregon law requires child passengers to be restrained in a guest supplied child safety seat.