Float Away to Cannon Beach
with Public Coast Brewing, Ruby Jewel & Surfsand Resort!
Public Coast Brewing Co. and Ruby Jewel Ice Cream have joined forces to create the tastiest, creamiest Root Beer Float ever. Come celebrate this delicious collaboration with us… and you could win a getaway to Cannon Beach and the oceanfront Surfsand Resort. What could be better?! How to enter? It’s easy! Between August 6 and September 6, 2018, go into Public Coast Brewing Co. in Cannon Beach, or any of the three Ruby Jewel ice cream shops in Portland, Order a float*, snap a pic with your root beer float and post it using #FLOAT2CANNONBEACH.
Be sure to tag us in your post @rubyjewelicecream @publiccoastbrewing @surfsandresort.
You’ll be entered to win…
One lucky winner will receive:
- A 2-night getaway to the Surfsand Resort, oceanfront in Cannon Beach
- A $50 gift card from Public Coast Brewing Co. & Ruby Jewel
- A Ruby Jewel ice cream gift pack waiting in your room
- 2 Ruby Jewel tee shirts, Public Coast Brewing behind the scenes tour, and 2 logo’d pint glasses
Ten lucky winners will receive:
- A $25 gift card from Public Coast Brewing Co. & Ruby Jewel
*No purchase necessary. We can’t actually make you buy a Root Beer Float to enter the contest, but we hope you do because they are sooooo…. good!
Now for the fine print and contest rules.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. To be eligible, you can snap a current pic at Ruby Jewel Ice Cream locations or Public Coast Brewing Co. and post it using #float2cannonbeach and be sure to tag @rubyjewelicecream @publiccoastbrewing @surfsandresort to be eligible.
- Eligibility:The contest is open only to natural persons who, at the time of entry, are at least thirteen (13) years old and are legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia but excluding Puerto Rico.) If on the Start Date you are a “minor,” meaning that you are under the age of 18 in the United States, you must obtain permission from your parent or legal guardian, and your parent or legal guardian must consent to be bound by these Rules as if he or she were an entrant, before you submit an entry. Sponsor reserves the right to require minors to submit proof of parental/guardian permission and consent to these Rules at any time, without which they may be immediately disqualified from the Contest.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Surfsand Resort, Public Coast Brewing Co. and Ruby Jewel Ice Cream as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted starting at 11 am, August 6, 2018 – 11 pm September 6, 2018.
- How to Enter: Take a current picture of you/and or your friends at Public Coast Brewing Co. or any of the Portland Ruby Jewel locations and post it using #float2cannonbeach, be sure to tag @rubyjewelicecream @publiccoastbrewing @surfsandresort to be eligible.
- The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Surfsand Resort, Public Coast Brewing Co. and Ruby Jewel.
- Prizes: First prize: one winner will receive will receive a gift certificate for a 2-night stay at the Surfsand Resort. Non-Cash Value of $600. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Surfsand Resort. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Surfsand Resort, Ruby Jewel and Public Coast Brewing Co. to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Some blackout dates may apply. The first prize winner will also receive A $50 gift card from Public Coast Brewing Co. & Ruby Jewel, a Ruby Jewel ice cream gift pack in your Surfsand Resort room, 2 Ruby Jewel t-shirts, 2 Public Coast logo’d pint glasses and a tour of Public Coast Brewing Co. in Cannon Beach. Ten, 2nd place winners will win a $25 gift card to Ruby Jewel and a $25 gift card to Public Coast Brewing Co.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by using the #FLOAT2CANNONBEACH and photo content under the supervision of Public Coast Brewing Co. Winner will be notified via social media in-app messaging and/or by contact information in their social media profile within 7 business days following selection of Winner. Public Coast Brewing Co., Ruby Jewel and Surfsand Resort shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (at the discretion of Surfsand Resort, Public Coast Brewing Co., and Ruby Jewel) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this contest (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Surfsand Resort, Public Coast Brewing Co., and Ruby Jewel, and anyone acting on behalf of these entities as licensees, successors, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Surfsand Resort, Public Coast Brewing Co. and Ruby Jewel if the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Surfsand Resort from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Surfsand Resort may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Surfsand Resort, Public Coast Brewing Co. and Ruby Jewel (called the contest entities) reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Surfsand Resort, Public Coast Brewing Co. or Ruby Jewel control, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Surfsand Resort, Public Coast Brewing Co. and Ruby Jewel may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the contest entities. The contest entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The contest entities have the right, in their sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the contest entities reserve the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the contest entities and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF OREGON WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Clatsop County, Oregon having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsors: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Surfsand Resort, Public Coast Brewing Co., and Ruby Jewel.
- By entering you have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.